Monday, November 24, 2008

Tyne and Wear (Newcastle+Sunderland)

Two weeks ago--Tyne and Wear visit

Entire journey took about 3.5 hours, 2 changing points. Above: While I was waiting for my train. 

First change at Gratham then at Doncastle, passed by York. Arrived at Newcastle station then Wantse, Jimmy and Ben picked me up from the train station and they brought me around the city. It was 4pm plus , as you can imagine, the sky turned slowly to dark.  First we went  into a English High tea Restaurant but then  we didnt really like there thus we shifted to the chinese restaurant above named, MANGO, in Chinatown of the Newcastle.After that, I headed to Sunderland by metro after 1 hour ride. The above was the nightview of riverbank along the University of Sunderland. The two mainland was linked by a bridge, the far end from the picture. The famous activity at night along the river: Fishing! Haha..Then we went up to the Glass Factory which powers all the glasswears supply throughout the UK.

Next Morning; Metro station of Sunderland


Many people were putting on a flower on their chest front, my wonders for it never resolved until I came to this  statue of warriors parade. That day was one day of the memorable period of the response 1914, an appreciation and memorial for the soldiers that faught for their land in the early days.


Bye, my Love..



An old church next to the Response 1914

Doreen and Jasmine (in front of the Red Indians musical performance)

Day view of the Gateshead Millenium Bridge.  It was award-winning pedestrian and cyclist tilt bridge spanning the River Tyne in England between Gateshead on the south bank, and Newcastle upon Tyne on the north bank. The bridge will open for the passage of ferry. It takes as little as 4.5 minutes to rotate through the full 40° from closed to open, depending on wind speed. Its appearance during this manoeuvre has led to it being nicknamed the "Blinking Eye Bridge".

Art and design school of the Northumbria University

This modern campus was built from 100millions GBP

With Chonghee infront of the Eldon Square

Funny sailors..Thanks for posting!


NightView at Gateshead, Newcastle and tyne




A church on the way to Doreen's house for dinner

Thanks for the delicious home recipes from Ben and Doreen. It was marvellous!! Miss it alot..When can I eat them agian? Bang Kuang Cha? Black black Pork ribs?


With F4 housemates


Hello..

I like this... just donno why


This Chinese family I met on the train from Newcatle to Dancastle. This cute little gal named,吕昕忆,next to her is her mum, her dad sat opposite her. She was just 4 years old and her mum told me that her name, 昕 means sunrise, 忆 means happy; every morning when she wakes up she will be happy. I feel so touched by the fact that parents were only expecting their children to be happy, the rest is less important=)

She reminded me of my childhood. I was something like her..

So lovely..



On the train, I taught her on writing A, B, C and 3,4,5,6,7, 8, 9, 10. She liked connecting dots, so I drew many cartoons with dots, and she completed them with lines. Her mum was having a motion sickness and let me after the little gal

Haha! This action was so familiar, my mum used to tie my hair up in two parts too!

It was raining..and this is the railway of Doncastle train station.

Then I headed back to Gratham by coach, met a Malaysian from Portsmouth, studying civil engineering. 

No comments: